The basic principles of nuclear chemistry. A survey of radionuclides used in nuclear medicine. The common methods of radiopharmaceuticals preparations. Quality and control of radiopharmaceuticals.The basic radiopharmaceuticals and their use in human diagnostic and therapy.
- Definition and clasification
- Radionuclides, their selection and preparation
- Chemical forms
- Scintigraphic investigation in nuclear medicine
- Instrumentation and pharmakology in nuclear medicine
- Nuclear cardiology
- Nuclear neurology
- Nuclear nefrology
- Nuclear oncology
- Nuclear orthopedy, bone marrow and hematology in scint. picture
- Other investigation methods in nuclear medicine
The course provides the students with the knowledge of radionuclides used in nuclear medicine, common methods of radiopharmaceuticals preparations and quality and control of radiopharmaceuticals.
The students will acquire competence to work in the field of radiopharmacy.
Requirements: Knowledge of chemistry on the level of bachelor of chemistry and completed course of fundamentals of nuclear chemistry.
Key words: Nuclear medicine, radiopharmaceuticals in vitro, radiopharmaceuticals in vivo, chemical forms, radiodiagnosticals, radiotherapeuticals, SPECT, PET, instrumentation.
- Czech pharmacopoeia, latest update.
- Kilbourne M.R.: Fluorine-18 Labelling of Radiopharmaceuticals. Nuclear Science Series, Natural Academy Press, Washington D.C., 1990.
- Phelps M., Mazziotta J., Scelbert H.: Positron Emission Tomography and Autoradiography: Principles and Applications for Brain and Heart. Raven Press, New York, 1986.
- Wolf A.P., Jones W.B.: Cyclotrones for biomedical radioisotope production.
- Radiochim. Acta 34, 1 (1983).
- Deckart H., Cox P.H.: Principles of Radiopharmacology. G. Fischer Verlag, Jena 1987.
- Parker D.: Tumor Targeting with Radiolabelled Macrocycle-Antibody Conjugates.
- Chem. Soc. Rev. 19, 271-291 (1990).
- Schubiger P.A., Alberto R., Smith A.: Vehicles Chelators, and Radionuclides: Choosing the "Building Blocks" of an Effective Therapeutic Radioimmunoconjugate