Practical Exercises in Radiation Chemistry
Students get knowledge in practical applications of radiation and photochemical methods in environmental protection, syntheses of inorganic materials and other applications of photochemistry. Moreover, they get knowledge of chemical dosimetry and actinometry.
- Fricke and Fricke-Hart dozimeters
- Ceric sulphate dosimeter
- Ferrioxalate actinometry
- Iodide-iodate actinometry
- Radiation- and photo-reduction of metal ions
- Photochemical preparation of cuprous oxide
- Photochemical preparation of zinc peroxide
- Photochemical preparation of multi-component oxides
- Photolitography - positive photoresist
- Radiation dechlorination of chlorinated hydrocarbons
Students will achieve practical knowledge of samples preparation and fundamentals of radiation methods, and preparation of dosimeters and actinometers.
They will become proficient in the usage of basic irradiation sources and evaluation of results.
- Basic course of nuclear chemistry.
- Basic course of ionising radiation detection.
- Fundamentals of radiation chemistry
Key words: Radiation chemistry, dosimetry, actinometry, radiation sources, photochemistry.
- Decree of the SÚJB No. 307/2002 Coll., on Radiation Protection, Annexes 1-13
- W.D.Loveland, D.J. Morrissey, G.T. Seaborg: Modern nuclear chemistry, John
- Wiley & Sons, New Jersey, 2006.
- Act No. 18/1997 Coll., on Peaceful Utilisation of Nuclear Energy and Ionising Radiation (the Atomic Act) and on Amendments and Additions to Related Acts.